A Wrap-Up for 2012!
Well, we have finally reached the end of 2012! Since, we are about to close the last chapter of this year, I would like to look back and reflect on what I have achieved for this year. Compared to 2011, I would say that 2012 has been a very fruitful year for me. I have received countless blessing for this year and I am really very thankful to God for all these.
- I was able to move to a new company last March which had given me more financial rewards and benefits.
- I was able to push through with the major renovation of our first house which I am renting out. This project has long been delayed due to lack of funds and time.
- I was able to introduce some improvements in our second house where the family currently stays, like the installation of canopy in our laundry area and garden.
- I was able to pay nearly 75% of my balance for a lot purchase which I considered my additional investment. I hope to finish the remaining 25% of my balance first quarter of next year.
- I was able to fulfill my promise to my kids to bring them for another out of the country vacation for one week. This has been their second out of the country trip and they have enjoyed it a lot. :)
- I was able to reactivate my monthly contributions to SSS. I've stopped with my monthly contributions since I left my last job in the Philippines.
- I finally fulfilled my promise to my daughter to buy her a shih-tzu pup last February 26 which we named Lucio. My daughter has been very happy since then.
- I'd been very active in blogging this year. I started blogging October of 2010 but I just started monetizing my blog last November of 2011 until now. So that was only for one year! For that one year of monetizing my blog, the result is quite fulfilling. I know that compared to other long time bloggers, my financial rewards in blogging is not that great but for a newbie like me, I think it's quite acceptable. Mind you, I never spend my earnings in my blogs coz I want to see how much I can make for one year. I just spent some of it for my domain names and blog designs, but the rest is all intact in my account. For one year, I'm happy that I was able to save 75K in cash and more than 15K in kind consisting of books, shirt, make ups, skin care products and sleep wears. :) It may not be that big but I'm satisfied considering that I just spend few hours each day in blogging as I am employed in a private company and working full time.
- I have met a lot of new friends through blogging and my boredom working away from home was lessened tremendously due to my blogging activities and my occasional interaction with them online.
- I have started learning how to bake, the thing which I always wanted to do. Well, still a newbie in this thing but I'm learning and hoping to improve by next year.
I'm looking forward for another rewarding year in 2013. But most of all I am very thankful for a gift of good health for me and my whole family.
Wishing you all a blessed new year! :)