Few weeks ago, I had a minor burn when I was cooking my favorite Filipino dish, "Sinigang". My right arm accidentally hit the hot pot. At first, I was not minding this at all. I am thinking that this is just a "minor burn". But few weeks after, I noticed that after the wound has completely healed, the sides of the wound had developed a minor discoloration. I hate scars actually. I don't want to have these as much as possible. My natural skin tone is light and having scar on it would really make it noticeable. Now, after seeing this, I begin to feel troubled and bothered. It's located on the visible part of my right arm, so I find it so unsightly. Having this on mind, I begin to research on quick fix remedies. Here's what I found :
A lot of my readings had given me the idea to apply Mederma for an easy "from the tube" treatment. I think this is a kind of cream that has to be applied on the affected skin. They say this can easily be purchased on all major grocery and drug stores. I just don't know if I can get it from anywhere in Phnom Penh or Ho Chih Minh, I guess, not. So to make sure, my "treatment" will not be delayed until I go back to Philippines, I still try to scout for easier alternatives:
- Cut onion into half and apply into the scar.
- Raw honey will work to begin to break down tough scar tissue. Put a warm rag on the area, followed by a small amount of honey. Let it sit for 5 mins and rub off the excess with a warm rag.
- Lemon will lighten the darkness of the scar. Cut a lemon and apply the juice to the scar only using a Q-tip. Do this as often as you can.
- Aloe is a great conditioner. It will help soften the scar.
- Vitamin E capsules - Vitamin E will begin to break up scar tissue. Pop open a capsule using a pin and rub into the scar. Massage the area for 1 to 2 mins and allow the gel to sit on the skin. Remove excess with a warm cloth.
Credit to : www.scarsfix.com
I guess, the above mentioned home fix remedies is not so difficult to follow, so I have to start with it as soon as possible. Actually, I've already started with Vitamin E capsule. I will have to try the others, too. Lol :)
Good Luck to me!